Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been mulling over ideas regarding paint color, and here's the dilema....I'm torn between blue and (maybe a fictional color) metallic (sublime) go green?

has anyone seen anything like that? and or what does anyone think?

·
Registered
305 Posts
EB5 is a beautiful blue!

·
Registered
660 Posts
What kind of car is it???

Take a look at some fleet colors, if you don't care about having a factory color. The paint store will have pages of paint chips sorted by color and you just pick one. Like buying house paint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, I forgot to post my whole thought....

This is for a 73 duster. grey/black interior ( not yet but soon to be)
1. don't care too much for a stock color I'm not looking to restore, looking to build a duster with some new tech (cut the dash lose the seats) no AM radio here. ;D
2. Like b5
3. interested in the green just want something different if I go with geen. like candy geen. just not sure what THAT much metallic green would look like all in one place..
Thanks

·
Registered
847 Posts
i vote green......we disagree again Tom %)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Check out House of Color color charts and find a green that really grabs you

But no matter what you pick.............YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH B5 BLUE

If you pick a green and want to sell it you better hope you find another green lover

My car is Pearl white with Dark Blue top and interior

seen a Pearl white 75 Duster with gold and white trim & int.r that is Killer looking

My next all over paint job and one of my cars will be a pick of House of Color Candy Tangerine, Pearl Yellow or Pearl White.....or maybe all 3.........Had a 72 Hemi Orange Challenger for 17 years...........I LOVE ORANGE

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Obviously Mark has been breathing too many fumes. Huffing are we? A real man would paint that Challenger B5, and the GTX, Coronet R/T, Bronco, motorcycle, house and the cat.

Silver and black interior got me thinking. Look up a new Ford color on their GT. It is called Tungsten. Kind of a charcoal silver.

Tom

·
Registered
847 Posts
green..the color of money, bro..... btw, the GTX is a forest green car (called "racing green" in the "s" class) black top. ......i dont have a cat, and yes i would paint my dog green if he were in need of a paint job!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
eldubb440 said:
green..the color of money, bro.....   btw,   the GTX is a forest green car (called  "racing green" in the "s" class)  black  top. ......i dont have a cat, and yes i would paint my dog green if he were in need of a paint job!
My Dart is kind of green (medium turquise metallic) and it will stay that way. The only reason I picked B5 'cause the Road Chicken is a B5 car. My cat Mopar is grey. ;D

Tom

·
Registered
847 Posts
b569rr said:
eldubb440 said:
green..the color of money, bro..... btw, the GTX is a forest green car (called "racing green" in the "s" class) black top. ......i dont have a cat, and yes i would paint my dog green if he were in need of a paint job!
My Dart is kind of green (medium turquise metallic) and it will stay that way. The only reason I picked B5 'cause the Road Chicken is a B5 car. My cat Mopar is grey. ;D

Tom
now your makin sense.......and im the one who's huffing? ctfgt

·
Registered
660 Posts
This is a PPG fleet color. Heavy metallic green. I think it looks good on the Duster style bodies, but I wouldn't use it on a pre-70 Dart. When you buy a factory color, they mix a bunch of stuff together to make the paint anyway. You could have some extra metallic dumped in if you wanted, although it WILL affect the color to some extent. If you do that, you should get them to print the "recipe" so it could be mixed again if necessary.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went with sassy green and had my local sherwin williams add some gold pearl.came out pretty good, but I wish it show more. It only shows in bright sun.

Fred

1 - 15 of 15 Posts