Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone mini tub a 67-69 Fastback Barracuda ? Im wondering how big of a tire will fit nicely tucked in ? Im debating if I want to stretch the stock tubs, Fab my own or go all out and use a set of S&W frame rails moves in a bit more.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My '70 Dart fits a 10x28 with enough room for the tire to move. There is 14" from the inside to th outer lip and you might be able to go as big as 29" but I would rather have a little extra room for the street. Are you building a race car or a street machine? How much motor are you planning to have? It all has to work together when it's done.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can get a 28X10" in there now/I already moved the spring but never got around to mini tubbing it wich is the next project. My 340 made just under 500 horse and I'll be running atleast 4.56 (depeding on tire height) and a 5000rpm converter.

·
Registered
704 Posts
on my duster i have 15 1/4 inches from lip to frame, but i hear that the demon and duster are bigger than the dart in that area, its not that hard to mesure, just need a plum bom-

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I started mini tubbing today. Theres 15" from the wheel lip to the frame rail. The tires Im looking at have a 13" section width so I should be able to tuck them in nicely with the right rim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts