Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide what to do with my rear wheel wells.  They are not in good shape, as in I am going to have to make the bottom 2-3 inches of them where they attach to the quarters and also where they fasten to the inner floor. I am wondering if it would be easier to just remove them and make some mini tubs.  Does anybody have pictures or instructions, etc on what all's involved in making and installing some. 

On my Dart the springs have already been moved in and are directly under the frame rails, so I'm guessing that with mini tubs, I could run wider wheels and tires also??

tnku

Ernie

·
Registered
283 Posts
check out strange 426 web site, lots of picks of his mini- tub project.

·
Registered
137 Posts
check the teck section total instructions there except when you cut, you cut flush with the frame rails do not leave the lip of the frame on

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just did mine this weekend. Pretty easy, 0.045" razor wheel in a 4" grinder. I cut-out both sides in less than 1 hour. Now I just have to weld them up. I grabbed someones pictures from the photo galley on the board. I can email them to you if you would like.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have quite a few in the gallery, go check them out. Let me know if you have any questions.

Andy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1DART440 said:
I just did mine this weekend. Pretty easy, 0.045" razor wheel in a 4" grinder. I cut-out both sides in less than 1 hour. Now I just have to weld them up. I grabbed someones pictures from the photo galley on the board. I can email them to you if you would like.
Thanks, I would really appreciate the pics. Email to [email protected]

Thanks
Ernie

·
Registered
274 Posts
Emailed the pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts