Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving the wheel tubes in 1 1/2 to 2 inches and moving the springs in to the frame rail. How big of a wheel and tire can i go to and what is the right Backspacing that i will need. Any Pictures would be grate as well

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
    I would say,without see it you could put a 10x15  with a 6 1/2 backspace and a 11"x29s slick on that suxer. -0*(        this picture is a 8 1/2x15 with 4 1/2 and a 29x10 tire and have over 2"to the spring doh but it works well on my car without doing anything to the spring.     MAX

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
64 Posts
bentwheel43 said:
    I would say,without see it you could put a 10x15  with a 6 1/2 backspace and a 11"x29s slick on that suxer. -0*(        this picture is a 8 1/2x15 with 4 1/2 and a 29x10 tire and have over 2"to the spring doh but it works well on my car.     MAX
looks like you need to go to a 6.5" backspace, so you can get the back of that car down...just like that nova sitting beside you. lol lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AA-slingshot said:
bentwheel43 said:
    I would say,without see it you could put a 10x15  with a 6 1/2 backspace and a 11"x29s slick on that suxer. -0*(        this picture is a 8 1/2x15 with 4 1/2 and a 29x10 tire and have over 2"to the spring doh but it works well on my car.     MAX
looks like you need to go to a 6.5" backspace, so you can get the back of that car down...just like that nova sitting beside you. lol lol
YOU GOT IT!! doh but the SS spring holds it up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well my crazy 68 dart has someones homemade mini tub, springs moved in and homemade SS dart wheel wells, and I am running 14x32 slicks. Way over kill but the slicks are new so they will have to stay for now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
joes68340s said:
Well my crazy 68 dart has someones homemade mini tub, springs moved in and homemade SS dart wheel wells, and I am running 14x32 slicks. Way over kill but the slicks are new so they will have to stay for now.
Yea but I bet it looks good,over tiring one is like over carbing or over camming one. I like to put just has big of tire that I need not bigger. Those SS-darts are badass. Do you have a Ray Barton hemi in it ? this picture is from 1972

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
364 Posts
joes68340s said:
Hey Newbie
Any photos of your setup. looking for bigger tires on my 67 Dart 440.
Maynard

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
M/T 28 x 13.5's with 11/16" clearance each side. relocated springs (002/003 SS), moved rear back an inch, relocated wheel wells, pounded them out a little, removed the small crease up in the body side of the well, trimmed 3/8" off of the wheel opening lip.

My rear wheels are 15 x 10 with 7.5" backspacing on an A body width Dana 60; 2.5" brake spacing for late big Ford disks. My pics are in the gallery. don't have any pics of the wheels yet. They were demounted and are getting painted.

Also, the 13.5" is actually about 13.3".

Tom

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes bentwheel43 my car does look something like that SS picture from 72. Unfortunately I only have a 440 for now. I will try to load a picture.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've mini tubed my rear wells and with Wilwood Disks on the back I've had to go to a 16" rim with 10" wide slicks and they fit with room to spare on each side and the wheels are well inside the finder wells so the rear of the car can sit on a normal stance, not all jacked up.

I think I could fit 17" wheels in there if I had to, but then no one makes slicks for 17" wheels.

Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts