Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found out today the unit i was waiting on for months have been drop. o[ o[ o[ any one knows of a good replacement? maybe onmi, like stock looking. for 3000 lbs. car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Re: mopar discontinue they performance master cylinder

Wilwood or Strange Engineering

·
Registered
320 Posts
Get a stock replacement Bendix unit for an 85 5th ave. I like it better then my MP unit. Plus it's only $75 brand new.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lars said:
Get a stock replacement Bendix unit for an 85 5th ave. I like it better then my MP unit. Plus it's only $75 brand new.
[]{}, I use a 88/89 diplomat when i shop for them, If you have the resivour (hopefully from a J/Y core), you can usually score the M/C for around $25-30 for a reman or a new one can be had for around $50---yes, parts stores sellnew ones. You work for a dealer--right? Should be able to get a deal on one through a local wholesaler.

--chad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't use a front wheel drive MC on a rear wheel drive application. Autohobbydigest.com has some good info on A-body brakes.

·
Registered
320 Posts
71Swinger said:
What is the bore size on the Diplomat Master Cylinder? Just wonderin.

Don
Not sure, but it has some good pedal feel to it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wilwood makes an aluminium tandem chamber MC, and it looks terrific! I have on on my car, and wilwood disc brakes on 4 corners. Really good setup for the price. I paid my MC 200$ can.

Fred

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just started browsing the wilwood site, do they make a kit for 73ish Dusters or something compatible? I was looking at piecing a 4 disc manual system together, but if I can get a kit...all the better. That MC looks a lot cleaner than a stocker.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think i'am going with a unit from a 88-89 dodge diplomat.the car weight should be close .and i'll get a adjustable pro-valve for 4wheel disk.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
good luck finding one from an autoparts store that is aluminum. they are all going to cast iron bodies. i guess its to easy to screw things up in the aluminum unit when they refurbish them. i could not find one local at all, new, or reman. i ordered a brand new one with resivior trough autozone and it was cast iron. me personally, i think ill pass on the reman units, especially if they are having a hard time with them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
are we talking about the late model aluminum bodied M/C with the plastic reservoir ??? Magnum HP sells them all day long. I've bought two of them in the past year, no problems with them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts