Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would post the part number of the Mopar sender that I used for my electronic speedometer. It is 1-05252438. This unit is a 2 wire type and I used it with a VDO speedometer. This unit threaded right on the old 727 and gave me 8327 pulses per mile (40 tooth gear, 3.91 gear & 26.7" tires). I can help with any connection info that anyone might need.

·
Registered
23 Posts
what is that sender out of?   it should also bolt on a 833 correct?  thanks for info this is what makes this and other boards work.  blasterboy

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure what it is out of, sorry. I think any newer stuff that uses a big tranny. It will go on the 833, same speedo gear assembly as the 727.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hello Terry,
Did you order the speedo sender from your dealer?? Oh by the way i ordered my solid lifter cam today ...no hydrralic lifters for me next season.
LOL
Maynard

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Maynard.
I just walked to the parts counter at the local dealership and asked for whatever senders they had in stock. The guy pulled this one out and I threaded it on the gear assembly, done deal. I checked it with an ohm meter and it make 8 contact closures per rev, perfect! On my speedo it switches the pulse input terminal to ground. The VDO speedo has a pull-up resistor (internal) to 12V. It works great. I had a 92 Jeep and I think this is the same sensor, 92 was long ago and my memory is not as good anymore.
I haven't gone anything with my lifters. I'm just going to drive the car a little more and then pull the motor and tranny before I store it for the winter. Full tear-down and inspect, maybe eddy heads! Winter come fast up here in Canada :(
Terry

·
Registered
84 Posts
it fits a 90 or so model truck and some jeeps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts