Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a $2000 race coming up Saturday,we made 6 roulds last week and 5 week before last but we lose .03 or .04 from rould to rould.I am thinking of putting a pair of old 906 heads bolted in the trunk. Do I need to lower the torson bar in front so it will not float,or sould it be ok the way it was last week. The duster is about 3300#,any trick to it,did anyone try that before it seen we don't spin all the time but it dose it,it gets 1.489 to 1.53 60 ft. -0*( doh What you think if I put the heads in the trunk will the driver be able to drive it. BENT 43

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bOb shingler said:
bolt them all the way back as for as you can get them. leave the torsion bars alone. are you checking tire pressure just before your ready to race every round. there's a product called "formula V" that i highly recommend to keep the rubber fresh as new and the consistancy in the tire round after round. jegs has the stuff.
THANKS BOB, they are all the way to the back,  in fact if you walking by you can't see them without looking over and see them. Have you ever done that before. all I need is a lettle more traction I have a good setup. I hope it works!! -0*(  yes on the tire pressure we even set the front pressure for reaction time,it works we had the wait&see buy in the first rould and didn't use it til the 4th. rould last week.         BENT 43

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fount out why the traction left my tires,I took them off to check them . It seems that the tire on the right is worn more than the left. I have a spool but I wore that right tire out,I put it on the left side for the race for to nite and order some for next week. I hope the added weight helps.In JULY I bought soft compound tires they didn't last as long. The last 3 times I used Hoosier but I going back to MT and see.Iam also going from 29" to 28" with 456 gears just to see. -0*( we mite can pickup a round or 2, we in 2nd. place in the points with the Mopar.

·
Registered
64 Posts
the difference in the tire wear is telling you that you have un-equal tire loading during the run...expecially the launch. may be time to start playing with some GOOD adjustable shocks and an anti roll bar.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AA-slingshot said:
the difference in the tire wear is telling you that you have un-equal tire loading during the run...expecially the launch. may be time to start playing with some GOOD adjustable shocks and an anti roll bar.
yes I think maybe front shocks I have 1 shock on the right front that mite be the problem,when I jackup the front I can here it. You think that mite be the problem ? -0*( THANKS for looking MAX

·
Registered
539 Posts
just a thort Max but that photo show the wheel arch right over the tyre, by adding wieght you just may run the risk of the wheel arch rubbing on the tyre.... just a thort m8 -o

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, this is what I learner that a 100# = a  .10  over that for sure **(*) or more on my track but we still in second place in the point doh I think with some help from BBD I can win this thing. tnku but I have those eddys and that roller cam for next years motor -0*(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
moparteacher said:
Hey Bent, what kind of shocks and suspension in back? Are they adjustable?
check this out,SS- 002/003-at 3 * down 456gear  3 way set on 50/50 in back    i'd say $40  3way set on 90/10 shocks up front >:D the dam car wins all headup races in the class-protree  some races we sould lose we win.  I set that car to put more pressure on that right tire but I didn't think it was wearing it that much   doh  we brokeout by .02 a 6.827 on a 6.84   ps I have the best pro tree driver    big.     way big!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
   OK we're going back at it tomorrow, I have the M/T they are 10.5x28 but only 10". I will take those 906 heads out the trunk,My front right side shock is slow coming up I will change that suxer. I had the left torsion bar set with a little more pressure to load the right back to make up for the driver weight,it worked but wear that tire more.  ::) I will put new shocks on, I don't think the car comes up like it should,I film every pass and it look like its falling faster than before,it use to hold it up instead of dropping it. It mite be the tires not holding or losing traction. doh  but we are going to give it hell >:D right now its like this       ::) 1st place  chev. vaga, 100points    :-\ 2nd. place   chev. nova 90points    :'( 3rd. place  BBD us with 70points we will make a run for it. the new tires are just in time.   MAX

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
40 Posts
In my race only Cuda, I actually removed the back bumper, welded a plate to the bottom of both bumper brackets and then melted lead from an old barbell set to pour into the brackets. After re-installing the bumper, no one was the wiser.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
  ;D  check it out in the second rould we had to race the vaga and we won,we in second place. We didn't have to buy back but we lost in the 3rd. round. The new tires were ok. we ran 6.81 off the trailer 6.789,6.7992,6.7982 then the dew started to form on the top of the cars ,it ran 6.83 than it ran way off a 6.87 on a 6.83 dialin for the lost. :eek: there for a while I though I had it. doh the traction seemed to be there but the air was bad. >:D 3 weeks ago we run a 6.607 with tires that were bad and the air was 39* it was 76* last night with alot of water in the air. -0*(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts