Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys,i finally found an A body to put my 440 in.i'm making just shy of 600 hp,what would you suggest a motor plate or the Schumacher mounts?this car will see more track than street time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
don't they just, i took a young lady for a ride down the 1/4 in my 'cuda, open pipes, solid mount on 1 side, rubber on the other, she got out of the car & instantly blurted out, "thats better than any sex", her new boyfriend wasn't impressed. she loves leaning on the car when the motors running in the pits, chicks... go figure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fasttcars said:
rebel said:
the plate is going to vibrate the whole car but if your into track action thats not going to be an issue
the chicks like it like that...
yes they do,the engine is currently in my Roadrunner(solid mounts) & they love when it sets at stoplights.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree, the plate gives more room for everything and really isn't much more work than trying to get mounts to fit...

rebel said:
she got out of the car & instantly blurted out, "thats better than any sex", her new boyfriend wasn't impressed.
Doesn't say much for the boyfriend, does it %)

-Charles

·
Registered
243 Posts
Comp engineering sells either a 1 piece or 2 piece, is either one easier to work with? What other parts are needed (gaskets, spacers?) when using a plate?

·
Registered
22 Posts
ucdcrush said:
Comp engineering sells either a 1 piece or 2 piece, is either one easier to work with? What other parts are needed (gaskets, spacers?) when using a plate?
i'm using comp eng's 2 plate deal, had to make a small notch in the bottom of the plate to squeeze between the rails but that's real easy on an A body, takes meer minutes. the steel brackets can then be migged onto the rails. i think the whole install took less than 30 mins & i'm not a pro. this kit locates the engine squarely in the middle of the engine bay. the only extras reqd to install are 2 more water pump gaskets.

nah it didn't charles but that b/f has since been given the boot. chicks huh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts