Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys,i finally found an A body to put my 440 in.i'm making just shy of 600 hp,what would you suggest a motor plate or the Schumacher mounts?this car will see more track than street time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
don't they just, i took a young lady for a ride down the 1/4 in my 'cuda, open pipes, solid mount on 1 side, rubber on the other, she got out of the car & instantly blurted out, "thats better than any sex", her new boyfriend wasn't impressed. she loves leaning on the car when the motors running in the pits, chicks... go figure.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree, the plate gives more room for everything and really isn't much more work than trying to get mounts to fit...

rebel said:
she got out of the car & instantly blurted out, "thats better than any sex", her new boyfriend wasn't impressed.
Doesn't say much for the boyfriend, does it %)

-Charles

·
Registered
22 Posts
ucdcrush said:
Comp engineering sells either a 1 piece or 2 piece, is either one easier to work with? What other parts are needed (gaskets, spacers?) when using a plate?
i'm using comp eng's 2 plate deal, had to make a small notch in the bottom of the plate to squeeze between the rails but that's real easy on an A body, takes meer minutes. the steel brackets can then be migged onto the rails. i think the whole install took less than 30 mins & i'm not a pro. this kit locates the engine squarely in the middle of the engine bay. the only extras reqd to install are 2 more water pump gaskets.

nah it didn't charles but that b/f has since been given the boot. chicks huh?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.