Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got a new tach and I can't decide where to mount it. It's a 70 Dart Swinger, auto on the column and i'm mounting a 3 3/8 inch tach. Any pictures or ideas or anything helps. Thanks  -o

·
Registered
464 Posts
I copied my tach bracket off of one that I saw in a magazine but I added some stuff to it. It mounts my tach, oil pressure guage and nitrous arming switch. No holes drilled and it covers up the small crack in the dashpad very nicely, thank you.

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
i was tossing the idea of mounting mine at the bottom of the a pillar. still in the line of site but not really blocking the view

G

·
i have my tach. on the trans hump,i shift by ear anyways.i have a small light on the dash i use for a shiftlight when i'm at the track though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm kind of thinking about something like this one but i'm not sure cause i'd rather have it lower. I'm liking the ideas guys, keep em comin! 0/

·
Registered
4,105 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Street or Race car? In my race car I put the tach overhead where the mirror mounts then mooved the mirror to the right. There is also one in dash for backup. Besides i like the looks of two tachs.
Maynard

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's for a street car, i just can't seem to find a place where i'd like it. tnku

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
Im actually considering going digital in mine.  I know it'll look a little out of place in a stock dash set up, but I think I can style it up a might and have it look decent.

but I agree.  I just yanked the sun tach out of mine because I didnt like the placement options.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...&N=700+4294859118+4294859098+115&autoview=sku

this is what Im considering as the alternative to a tach

·
Registered
464 Posts
If you're gonna use a shift light instead of a tach, don't buy the proform. Very hard to set it exactly where you want it. Get one that has the replacable "pills". They're much more accurate.

·
Registered
724 Posts
1Mean318 said:
It's for a street car, i just can't seem to find a place where i'd like it.  tnku
If it's for a street car I'd put it a place that will make it easy to see even if you're not looking for it like right next to your speedo or within your normal scan. If it's not meant to be a shifting prompt I feel it's less important than a water temp. or an oil pressure guage for everyday driving especially with an automatic.

ski

·
Registered
490 Posts
how about this? it isn't mine but that's what i'm gonna do. with a shift light you should be able to seeout of the corner of your eye

·
Registered
490 Posts
thebankerstoy said:
I like my tach in my forward line of sight, so I don't have to take my eyes off of the road or race track to see it. I use the AutoMeter Monster tach with the removeable chips on the shift light and I really like it on my Coronet. As mentioned above, a tach isn't very useful if you can't see it at a quick glance.

Richard
Obviously right in front of you is the most ideal spot. For myself however, I'm builing a sleeper, and have gone to alot of trouble to make my car look "slow". A big tach sitting on the dash or steering column would kill that for me. As I said above with a good shift light I can still shift exactly when I'm supposed to. Unless you're looking inside the car closely you'll never see my tach

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was gonna say buy a rocky moutain dash and put it in the dash,that way nobody knows it's there from the outside of the car,if your going for the sleeper look,just another idea

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
I saw a beautiful duster sleeper project where the tach was a small digital mounted under the lip of the dashpad. Ive been considering something like it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I was wanting to get a Rocky Mountain Dash too but I'm to poor right now. Now I just have to settle for finding somewhere to mount regular tach. :'( -o

1 - 16 of 16 Posts