Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need ideas to mount my race seats...the car was an original bench seat car...I don't know if the floor pan from bench to buckets is different...but its uneven...I don't want to stack washers...
my idea...if the floor was even is to weld 1/4" plates to the floor and drill and tap to mount the brqckets I have...the brackets are .125" steel bent to 90 deg.... **(*)

·
Registered
459 Posts
I used 1x1" square tubing to make mine, went from the rockers to the trans tunnel and put a plate on the ends of the tubing for extra rigidity, in the center of the span of tubing I put a piece of angle iron from the tubing to the floor...Here's a couple pics, if you need more let me know...

Ryan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ryan (Strange246) said:
I used 1x1" square tubing to make mine, went from the rockers to the trans tunnel and put a plate on the ends of the tubing for extra rigidity, in the center of the span of tubing I put a piece of angle iron from the tubing to the floor...Here's a couple pics, if you need more let me know...

Ryan
Thanks...we have the same color car....
yes if yo have close ups of the mounts I'd like to see them...If you have more pics...
Rich

·
Registered
459 Posts
Here's a couple more, thats all I have right now, I can take some more if you want different angles etc..I mounted the seats to the 1x1 by making brackets that bolt to the seat itself out of the 1x1...Rock solid when they're bolted in....

Ryan

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
459 Posts
bOb shingler said:
dang nice work ryan.  ;D
Thanks bOb, wanted it to be strong, they dont move at all now LoL

Ryan

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just wanted to thank Ryan (Strange246) because i had done the same thing from pics he had posted before. Works very well and it ain't going nowhere. Thanks again.

·
Registered
459 Posts
nasty68 said:
Just wanted to thank Ryan (Strange246) because i had done the same thing from pics he had posted before.  Works very well and it ain't going nowhere.  Thanks again.
Your welcome! Anytime! -0*(

Ryan

·
Registered
60 Posts
I justbought new Sparco seats for my Dart. I also bought new seat tracks to fit the seat as they are custom. The name of the company I can't remember at the moment. I will go upstairs to my storage area at work in the morning and get the name. All you need to do is measure your existing track deminsions and tell them the seat hole deminsions and they will fab the tracks for your. Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.