Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restoring a 1967 Dart GT. It is all apart and on the rottiserie now. I am kind of tall, and would like to get the driver's seat further back than stock. Looking at the floor, it does not look like I can move the track bolts back because of the location of the reinforcements. I don't have the seats handy, and am wondering if the bolts can be moved forward on the tracks an inch or two. Has anyone tried moving the seats? Any suggestions?

Doug

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've moved the seat back a couple inches, just drilled some new holes and used big washer's. I've also used flat bar and made extensions, so you use the stock holes in the floor and the flat bar bolts up to the slider's. Just have to remove the studs in the sliders and I welded the bolts to the extensions.

Just went and looked some bucket seats I have in the shop and there are 3 different holes that the factory studs can go into, but they are only an inch apart or so. They are 73 duster buckets.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ed said:
Just went and looked some bucket seats I have in the shop and there are 3 different holes that the factory studs can go into, but they are only an inch apart or so. They are 73 duster buckets.
The seat tracks on my 68 have three locations for the stud too.

mike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I need to go dig out my seats to see if they have multiple holes for the mounting studs. I wonder which set of holes the factory used?

Doug

·
Registered
219 Posts
The bucket seats in my 67 GT have the three holes about 1" apart.

Herb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts