Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a 68 a body has anyone tried moving engine back by setting back firewall 4 or 5 inches for more engine header clearence it look as if it could be done with little problem and better center of grav. of vehicle which i think would give better handling and better weight transfer **(*)

·
Registered
118 Posts
blasterboy said:
on a 68 a body has anyone tried moving engine back by setting back firewall 4 or 5 inches for more engine header clearence it look as if it could be done with little problem and better center of grav. of vehicle which i think would give better handling and better weight transfer **(*)
I have not doen it but would think it would involve a lot more than just moving the fire wall. The tunnel would have to be cut and enlarged as it goes back and that might run into clearance problems with the seats. Trans crossmember would have to be moved. It would seem the toraion bars woud be more in the way.

For a street car this would seem like a lot of work for basicly nothing since you can buy quality headers to fit the car.

For a Race car it might not be a bad option

Bill's K Member with coil overs or the new air ride would greatly increase the available room to install the headers. Sure wish I had went that root.

My 2 cents............. but probably not worth the 2 cents

1 - 2 of 2 Posts