Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have the Mopar orange ignition in my dart and i was wondering if the MSD 6AL was any better? MSD paired with the blaster 2 coil?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went from a stock black box to what I thought was an upgrade orange box......what a piece of sh#t. Put a MSD 6A on with blaste rcoil and no ballast resistor and lived happily ever after.

·
Registered
404 Posts
GLENNP said:
I went from a stock black box to what I thought was an upgrade orange box......what a piece of sh#t. Put a MSD 6A on with blaste rcoil and no ballast resistor and lived happily ever after.

yupz, i run an entire MSD set up,and i love it

·
Registered
260 Posts
thebankerstoy said:
I run the Mopar Performance conversion kit on both the 440 in my 66 Coronet and on the 318 in my son's 72 Dart, but I ALWAYS upgrade to the Mopar Performance chrome ECU box, as the orange ECU's are NOT very good!  :p

Richard
I agree; after using practically all the boxes out there, the orange box is the only one that has ever given me problems. I remember I had it tested when I suspected it, and it tested good, but the car ran like new when I used the chrome box or my back-up stocker (Borg Warner). Go figure... :p

·
Registered
148 Posts
MSD is the way to go, eleminate the problems and move to the newer technology. Orange ECUs are failure prone especially in high heat situations like a big engine in an A-body.

·
Registered
464 Posts
You can buy the Mallory 6AL cheaper than the MSD piece. only difference is the Mallory is digital and the msd is analog.

don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts