Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to Phase I, in case anyone missed it.

http://www.bigblockdart.com/index.php/topic,6947.0.html

Finally got some more pictures of the recent progress on my Dart.

Here's a close-up of the barracuda gas cap.

Here it is with the engine and transmission set in place. The carb and air cleaner were just set on for the picture.

Here's a pic with the AAR Six-pack hood closed. You can also see what the powder coated steel wheels and dog dish hubcaps look like.

As an extra bonus, here's my Dad's 1971 Charger SE. 440, 727 and sunroof.

Next on the list is wiring and plumbing, exhaust, vinyl top and then glass.

One gotcha on the engine install ... that Milodon oil pan ALMOST fits. Needed to clearance the passenger side of the k-frame at the front edge of the pan for clearance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bOb shingler said:
that's doggone nice but where is the distributor?
I was a little slow on the uptake there for a minute ... it's around back on the little motors. ;) Can't afford one of those great big mean motors at the moment, so I'll have to make due for a couple of years.

Mines still in the box ... waiting for install until after the wiring harness is reworked for the electronic ignition.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
abodyjoe said:
looking good....  looks like that hood fits nice.
The hood doesn't fit too bad ... the back edge is a bit up but after getting the front, sides and rear corners it was the best we could do. With some more tinkering we might be able to get it a bit better yet. Hood pins need to be installed, that should happen pretty soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are another couple of pictures that are fairly decent.

After two years of moving all the parts around, I can tell you it was great to get everything all polished up and mounted on the front of the car again.

Here's a side profile so you can see the wheels installed. The engine wasn't installed yet, so it's still kind of cranked up in the front. The tires are 245/60 14 in the rear and 215/60 14 in the front.

·
Registered
847 Posts
b569rr said:
Car looks great. I love the black steel wheels with the copper.

Tom
[]{}....Tom...we think too much alike

·
Registered
41 Posts
Man, I'm usually not a fan of black wheels on anything, but it looks damn good the way you have it set there. The combination of the black wheel, copper car, and white lettering is just awesome. Very cool car :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rate said:
Man, I'm usually not a fan of black wheels on anything, but it looks damn good the way you have it set there. The combination of the black wheel, copper car, and white lettering is just awesome. Very cool car :)
Thanks for the kind words. :)

The color combo is everything I was hoping it would be ... plus it's easy to do! Still have to get the black vinyl top on and the black stripe on the back ... it should really "pop" with all that contrast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dangerdawg said:
great looking car, who painted it?
The painter's name is Mark Lepp from St. James, MN.

There are a couple of little things I wish would have been fixed up better but all in all, I'm pretty happy with the result.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts