Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GM 1 wire alternator on my 400 big block motor and a battery cut off switch mounted at the trunk with my battery in trunk. How do I wire this switch up so that it kills the motor when turned off, I need this done to run at the track, could someone send me a wiring diagram on how to do this via fax , my fax number is 301-314-9663, also you could send a attachment via email, that adrees is [email protected]

·
Registered
365 Posts
you need to use a cut-off switch with 2 circuits(2 pole single throw type),one does the battery and the second one is the power to/from the alternator.

you will need to beef this wire up now that it has become 4 times as long going to the rear of the car.

you can use a relay to keep this wire short but vibration can cause it to invoke Murphy's law,and there is the additional parts ect.

·
Registered
104 Posts
440darting said:
I have a GM 1 wire alternator on my 400 big block motor and a battery cut off switch mounted at the trunk with my battery in trunk. How do I wire this switch up so that it kills the motor when turned off, I need this done to run at the track, could someone send me a wiring diagram on how to do this via fax , my fax number is 301-314-9663, also you could send a attachment via email, that adrees is  [email protected]
Run the ignition power to the battery side of cut off switch ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts