Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used BFG 275/50-15 drag radials last year, and it's time for new tires, as the circumfretial tread lines are barely even visible. I am thinking about switching tires.

MT ET street radials (275/50-15)

MT Indy Profile S/S (G60-15)......i don't think 8" would be enough tread on these.

MT Sportsman Pro (26x12.50-15)

Hoosier QT DOT (275/50-15)

these are competitively priced, and i think i can eliminate the indy profiles due to lack of tread.

anyone have experience with these tires? will either of the 3 remaining be better than the BFGs? the downside to the sportsmans and hoosiers is that they need tubes.
I'm figuring either stay with BFGs or go to the MT radials, since it's a street/strip car. (i drive it on nice days and to/from the track--55 miles one-way)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
green67cuda said:
I used BFG 275/50-15 drag radials last year, and it's time for new tires, as the circumfretial tread lines are barely even visible.  I am thinking about switching tires.

MT ET street radials (275/50-15)

MT Indy Profile S/S (G60-15)......i don't think 8" would be enough tread on these.

MT Sportsman Pro (26x12.50-15)

Hoosier QT DOT (275/50-15)

these are competitively priced, and i think i can eliminate the indy profiles due to lack of tread. 

anyone have experience with these tires?  will either of the 3 remaining be better than the BFGs?  the downside to the sportsmans and hoosiers is that they need tubes.
I'm figuring either stay with BFGs or go to the MT radials, since it's a street/strip car.  (i drive it on nice days and to/from the track--55 miles one-way)
Hey cuda, I been running over 5 years are more without tubes in my slicks     doh  2 sets of  8x26"s   , 2 sets of  9x28"s , a 9x29" that was good,a 10x29",and a 10.5x28" M/Ts that I just put on last week, all had no tubes. I make a mark on the rim&tire it will move about 3" or 4" than it seems they lock. I also seems that we have to let air out from the sun,they don't leak.I heard years ago that it was less rolling weight **(*) to take the tubes out or run'm without tubes. -0*(    BENT43           ::) PS - I have 456gears I loss .04 or .05 so far in the 60ft. with the 10.5x28" I went the wrong way ,I am going to try 9x29.5 or 9x30 next.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
id stay away from hoosier. i havent even had them (QTP) on my car for a year, its only been sitting outside since january or february this year. they are already cracking. the m/t front runners on the front are a little over a year old and still look like new. i have heard of others having the same problem with hoosiers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
o[
duh....i rememebr adamr, his posts on the abodiesonly board a long time ago, about the cracking hoosiers and back-and-forths with Summit and Hoosier.

so take off the hoosiers.......

anyone have a comparison between MT and BFG drag radials?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't driven on my MT street radials yet but as far as lasting in the sun, they definitely do a great job. They've been sitting for about 2 years with no real discoloration or cracking.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've had 295/50/15 and 275/60/15 pepboy specials on my Duster and my sons dart. Great soft street tire and good for "stoplightin" when I use to do that. doh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts