Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bit of a problem.  I have added aftermarket seats to the Dart.  They are quite wide with the bolstering on the sides.  The door bar is really tight between the seat and arm reset.  I am worried that am not going to be able to get the door bars in the right position.  They are positioned between my shoulder and elbow, with me seated.  But, they lie more towards my elbow, to clear the bolstering on the seat.  Even if I was do remove the arm rests, I would still have to put some sort of bend in the bars to clear the bolstering.

What I am asking is how critical is the door bar location?  I have swing out kits for them, so when on the street, I could completely remove them if I wanted to.  But to go through the trouble, I want to make sure I won't have problems at the track.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have seen that too.  I doubt that it would do me much good though.  Here is what I am dealing with.  Think the door bars are ok in these pics?  I know they are probably on the low side from the pics I have looked at.

How critical is the pass side bar, versus the driver's side? Should , or do they have to be, the same?

·
Registered
326 Posts
i would keep them the same might look funy with one lower, can you move the seat in tward the center a little ?? off the top of my head the bar just has tobe between the elbow and the shoulder doesn't say much more than that

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm running the summit seats and they really push on my side bars also. If you leave the armrest base and pull the pads you should have enough bar clearance. That how i run mine if it helps. ;D

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vitamindart said:
i would keep them the same might look funy with one lower, can you move the seat in tward the center a little ?? off the top of my head the bar just has tobe between the elbow and the shoulder doesn't say much more than that
Yeah, they are close right now. I was just wondering if there is any rule about one versus the other. I cannot move the pass seat inward any more, it is already up against the tranny tunnel. I could move the driver's, but the most interference is on the pass side, so that won't do me much good.

Prodart, I was thinking about doing something with the arm rest pads.... Like I said above, I have swing out kits, so I can remove the bars for the street, where the car will spend most of its life anyway. I just would like to know that where I weld them in, won't cause problems as far as playing at the track a little every now and then.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Your top comes in lower then my bars. I have swing-out on the drivers only. The rule says between shoulder and elbow. If you question the hieght of bar. I'd say cut them off and slide the main hoop attachment up. Mine are just about a 1/2 inch below
the window line if that helps. If it was me i'd modify them so if you do move the seat forward you'll still tech. o[
Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts