Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I've been trying to figure out what paint color the Barracuda was originally by looking at the fender tag, but theres several matches. So, basically I dont know which one is the actual body color. Can you guys help me?

Fender tag is as follows.
END
B5 1 G33 M21 M31 R11 V78
F8 F8 H4X X9 B18 051 600
E24 D31 BH9 B9B 21273

Yes, fender tag matches VIN.

There's B5 (Blue ;D ), X9 (Black Velvet 8) ), and F8 (Ivy Green puke; ) and I may be missing one in there... So which one is the right one? That would be sweet if it was B5... It's my favorite color! :D But I'm going to cry if it was Ivy Green Metallic. Yuck.

Oh, for what it's worth, theres a small amount of metallic blue under the purple where it's cracking. Nothing says that was the original paint, though.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Need a little help guys!

Thanks for the link, but I'm still lost...

I downloaded the program and entered my #'s, and it said ''The Provided Code Information is Unknown/Undocumented for Model & Year Given''.

So... I'm positive it's the right tag and the right VIN, and I know I copied and entered the right codes. Hmmm...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see a couple errors in your fender tag. In the bottom row, you have BH9, should be BH29, also in the bottom row you have 21273, but this should be a 6 digit number. In the second row, F8 F8 is the exterior color and the upper door/trim color (i'm pretty sure). Not positive, but I think X9 is black top. In the third row I think B5 1 should be B51 for power brakes. Hope this is some help...

·
Registered
444 Posts
The color is F8 green bottom and F8 green on top. First two on the left, second row from the bottom. Dave

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
69RTSE said:
I see a couple errors in your fender tag. In the bottom row, you have BH9, should be BH29, also in the bottom row you have 21273, but this should be a 6 digit number. In the second row, F8 F8 is the exterior color and the upper door/trim color (i'm pretty sure). Not positive, but I think X9 is black top. In the third row I think B5 1 should be B51 for power brakes. Hope this is some help...
You're absolutely right about my errors. It is BH29 and the bottom row is 212733. You're also correct about the brakes, it is B51 not B5 1. I messed these things up in translation from paper to PC. I appriciate your help very much, but now I have more problems. Could X9 mean a black painted top? The body is mostly original including the drip rails and window trim, and I see no signs of any modifications that were made to the roof, but I cant be positive of this.

In any event, it's something to look in to. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You have yourself a green on green with black upper doors (inner part) with a black slit bench seat.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ed said:
You have yourself a green on green with black upper doors (inner part) with a black slit bench seat.
Thanks Ed. So the X9 is just for the upper doors? Thats cool, I had no idea...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts