Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 65 Dart; and i was wondering what some of you have done to solve the diff transplant dilemma. I'm planning on relocating the leaf springs for tubbing; and at first glance; it looks like about 36" on center for the new perch location. (on a new housing) Since 8.75 diffs are almost extinct; did any of you use a Dana, Moser, or 9" Ford? I'm not real familiar with differentials and realize that I'll have to have the housing and axles cut down. What housing width would I be needing? How about the center section offset for a Mopar housing and how will that effect the aftermarket housing if I can't find an 8.75? I'd appreciate the specs and any advice if you have done this type of transplant. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'm just about done with the rear suspension on my 66. So far, I've minitubbed and relocated springs. The tires I bought are 325/50/15 mounted on 15x10 draglites with a 4.5" back space. I backbraced the 8 3/4 and had it narrowed to 46" from housing end to end, which should be around 52" drum to drum.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mopowers2/my_photos

I'll have more pictures this weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great pics! Thanks for sharing those! tnku  I'm gonna put a couple of those in my research file for reference if ya don't mind.
I probably will have a few questions for you as I get into this more. I just pulled the stock diff yesterday. From here on out, it's all new to me. I still have quite a bit of stripping to do before mini tubbing. Do ya mind if I e-mail occasionally for answers to stupid questions? ;)
I may just spend the extra bucks and go with a Dana 60 so I never have to worry about breaking it. (Unless in the future I go with a blown Hemi or sumpin)  ;D

I'm looking forward to seeing your spring relocation and new shortened diff with the wheels and tires mounted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts