Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday I decided to replace the exhaust manifold gaskets on my 440...........well it is not as easy as I thought it would be o[. So I need to unbolt the exhaust manifold flanges (as I was planning to do) then unbolt the engine mounts, and lift the engine up just enough to get at the ex-manifold bolts. Now I was thinking what if I drilled some holes in the inner fender to access the bolts from there, unstead of raising the engine? Now The engine compartment already needs a repaint because the ex-manifold on the passenger side got so hot a few months back that it blistered the paint and made it peel, So drilling a hole and then putting a plastic plug to keep the road grime out of the engine compartment wouldn't be a big deal, also this is an original /6 67 GT cloned into a 69 GTS. Would I still beable to remove the stock ex-manifolds if I did this or would I still need to raise the engine?
Thanks for the opinions and information in advance.
Shawn

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
Which manifolds are you running?

On Jeff's Dart (440 with 69 b-body HP manifolds) the first thing you must do is remove the steering column. Then you can remove the driver side manifold. Next you loosen the right side motor mount so that the right side of the engine can be lifted. Drilling holes will only allow access to the fasteners, it will not help remove the manifolds.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.