Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of the factory gauges, so this is what I came up with.

All of the gauges are AutoMeter Auto Gauge except for the Fuel Level, and it is a AutoMeter Sport Comp. I used the AutoGauges because of the cost. If things work OK I may upgrade the gauges later.

Here are a few photo's of the project.

I don't have everything hooked up yet, but the gauges are mechnical except the Fuel Level and the Amp gauge is now a Volt meter.

Herb

·
Registered
828 Posts
Re: New Dash Gauges

Now that is clever as hell. Did you have to cut the panel up much? Are those 2 1/16? Hmmmm.

Looks great.

·
Registered
417 Posts

That looks awsome man.
I may do this to my 69 next year. Let us know how everything works out, especially the fuel gauge.
Also good thing you got rid of the ameter and replaced it with a volt meter, easier on the electrical system.

Looks nice I like it a lot.

gr

·
Registered
230 Posts

My grasp of theoretical electrical is pretty limited - but I know a great job when I see it.
Keep up the good work and thanks for the pictures

·
Registered
20 Posts
What is the difference between an amp meter and a volt meter.I replaced mine with a volt meter but left the factory amp meter still hooked up.Should I disconnect the factory guage.Nice looking dash man.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Herb
Great job..by the way your shop towels in the photos are really neat, how doyou keep them so clean...

Maynard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts