Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished this upgrade with the following: Calvert Racing split monoleafs, Cal Tracs and Rancho 9000 shocks. Also, I went with the SSBC break kit and welded on the back brace. I had the whole thing powder coated. Lessons learned: The Rancho Shocks will not mount correctly behind the housing with the back brace installed so, I had to swap the perches and turn them around so the shocks would mount in front of the housing, this works fine. I will be going to the track Friday to test it all.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
444 Posts
Did you check for shock clearence through the full travel of the rear end. I would think that with the shocks in front thay would lean back towards the top mount. Keep us posted how it works out. Dave

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it clears, I have about 1/2" clearance at full compression.....

Bill,

·
Registered
444 Posts
Kool, looks nice. I have that same setup on my Dart, But did not have the room to put the shocks in the front. Dave

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just a question, but did you use a jig for the diff when you welded on the brace? Wondering cause i was thinking about welding a brace on my 8 3/4 but didn't know if it will distort from the heat. Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We just cleaned it up and welded it, no distortion....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts