Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey group, thanks for having me!
Heres an old pic of my 440 Dart from 1984ish. It was a S6 but I was able to get GTS stuff and the install was pretty much bolt in. 40 years later, I’m trying this again in another A body. Ive got a basic 66 440 that will head off to the machine shop eventually. However im overwhelmed at the amount of information and rather confused. Many of you have gorgeous BBs in your cars and Im at a loss as to how easy it seems you were able to do them. So I guess Ill start with a few trany/bellhousing questions that I cant seem to understand. Will ANY BB bellhousing FIT in the A body as long as you get the A Body Zbar parts say from Yearone. Secondly, will the American Powertrain BB bellhousing work?
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

thanks!!!
Light Product Automotive lighting Font Material property

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi,
Glad to see your getting back into Mopar's again. But is that an alumiun bellhousing your thinking about using? I've always thought that for safety reasons the steel,explosion proof bellhousings were what was needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
Yes its aluminum but its going in a pristine 67 Cuda that was also my mom's so it will see very mild street driving as the car is far to valuable to be racing or beating the hell out of it. Entirely babied. And Quicktime's is twice the price and isn't even in stock for who knows how long. Brewer is the same, and so is Lakewood. So until the country actually decides to go back to work, it's all that I can find so far. I get what your saying but finding a BB iron one is like...well...they are getting very hard to find. What's really stupid is the car is already automatic and has a monster little 273 in it now. I cant help it, I have Bigblockitis...

doug

·
Super Moderator
1,437 Posts
omg. I tried the long ram set up in an old B-body I had eons ago. seeing that pic kind of made me nostalgic. yours seems to have worked out better than mine by a mile
(abandoned it and went to an early Torker manifold.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dunno, twin Carter 600 cfms, hemi grind cam, basic 440 HP. She ran sweet. Fired up instantly and idled smooth. The teal trick was the vacuum equalizer tube has to work entirely and be sealed. I loved it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts