Big Block Dart Forums banner

101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Now that I look at your pictures I notice that we have different calipers. I have a cross line that goes from one side of the caliper to the other side versus having 4 bleed screws (I only have 2 bleed screws). Are your calipers the 6 piston or ?? Looks like you and I both have correctly put them on the front of the spindle but your calipers have 4 bleed screws. I may need to just call Willwood... Man that thing looks great!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks GolferJohn.

I see the difference now. I have the 6 piston calipers which have a balance line from one side to the other side where the bottom bleed screws would normally be if you have 4 bleed screws like you do. I will call Willwod and get their advice. I am assumine I can just pull that balance line and flip it to the other side, etc... but I best talk with them first.

Man! You got some pretty nice cars going in your shop!

Please post pictures of your new front wheels and tires as that would help me decide on which way to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have a 1973 plymouth dust and was wondering what is the biggest rim tire combo I can fit on it? I am putting 15 inch rims just not sure for the rear width of rim and size tire

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the largest 15" tire I can put on the front of my 69 dart. The wheels I want to use are only available in 15 x 6 with 3 1/2 backspacing. I will be converting to disc with stock size rotors and calipers. Thanks

·
Registered
792 Posts
Here's what I've fitted to my car. (Previously had 215/70/15 all around.)

Stock body, stock spring location, b-body rear.

Fronts- 215/65/15, these tires are 1/2" shorter to eliminate rubbing on lower fender corner during turns.
Rears- 255/70/15, height is maxed out- width has a few more inches available.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ive got some new info--i tried some new tires today.

Hoosier 29.5 x 10.5 x 15 slicks. These are BIG compared to my 28 x 11.5 QTP's

welds 15 x 10 with 7" bs.

A body Dana rear moved back 1.5" . 70 Dart

over an inch clearance everywhere.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anybody running a slightly smaller than recommended backspace with the alterk and linksys? I found some Shelby Cobra's that would look great but not sure if they'll fit underneath. Wheels are 17x8, 4.5 bs (front) and 17x9.6, 6 bs (rear). I'd rather not have to massage the fenders if I don't have to. The car is a 69 Dart and will be mini-tubbed this winter.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have been running 15" ralley rims for years and love the look but just got a free gift that i may change up once and a while for fun.I bought a 98 volvo wagon and with the car came a set of decent looking winter rims AND a set of aluminum(or some alloy)grey painted rims that look pretty cool with tires already on them.The rims are 17" with a 5.5" backspace and an 8 inch wide tire mounted...im assuming the rim is 7 or 7.5" wide.Can anyone tell me if this should work okay on my 72 duster?I havent brought the rims home yet to try.These are a volvo factory rim.Heres a pic.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
72blue said:
I have been running 15" ralley rims for years and love the look but just got a free gift that i may change up once and a while for fun.I bought a 98 volvo wagon and with the car came a set of decent looking winter rims AND a set of aluminum(or some alloy)grey painted rims that look pretty cool with tires already on them.The rims are 17" with a 5.5" backspace and an 8 inch wide tire mounted...im assuming the rim is 7 or 7.5" wide.Can anyone tell me if this should work okay on my 72 duster?I havent brought the rims home yet to try.These are a volvo factory rim.Heres a pic.....
I believe that will not work. the '72 will be 5 on 4" while the volvo is 5 on 110 or 115mm. the solution is easy, I'll buy them and use them on my '95 850. -o

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sharpdart said:
72blue said:
I believe that will not work.  the '72 will be 5 on 4" while the volvo is 5 on 110 or 115mm.  the solution is easy, I'll buy them and use them on my '95 850.  -o
Haha actually i have checked them and the bolt pattern WILL fit!...I had an old small to large bolt pattern adapter and the large side slid right in....check your volvo it may be large bolt also!Mines a 98 850,these rims cant be too hard to come by if the backspace etc. works.

·
Registered
198 Posts
72blue said:

Okay,i forgot to mention i have switched my duster to large bolt pattern and thats why the volvo rims are a close fit.The bolt pattern is 4.5" however i ran into a few snags today while test fitting the wheels.Heres a couple of pics:

Using and old spacer to illustrate,its obvious that the holes are slightly smaller on the volvo wheel,simply drilling them out  bit should fix that since its very close.

The depth of the center hole is a problem as its only about 1.5" and on the front end there is the dust cap and rotor center to consider.The rotors center on my car is about 2.5" and the volvo hole is about the same.

Please excuse the shitty cell phone pics guys.So heres the car at ride height with the wheel next to it to see how it will look when the holes are reamed a bit.Back spacing is a little extreme.A lager rear tire would be a must and theres tons of clearence like this.

Any thoughts on this swap?...i would love to hear who else had had similar problems and how they got around it...after all the wheels were FREE! tossmoney

S

·
0 Posts
Hey guys! Yall think it will make a difference whether i pick a 26 or a 28 inch tall tire in the front. Thanks guys

·
Registered
617 Posts
south tex mopar said:
Hey guys! Yall think it will make a difference whether i pick a  26 or a 28 inch tall tire in the front. Thanks guys
28in is pretty tall for the front. However it would depend on what kind of car you're buying them for...(style)

S

·
0 Posts
72 duster. mickey thompson only makes 26 and 28 inch tall sportsman tires. if i go with 28 i could go with a 30 in the rear. what you think?

101 - 120 of 160 Posts