Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a "warehouse find" (like a barn find, but was in a warehouse for the last 9 years). Car is a 73 Dart Sport, with a 383 (I know, it's a "small" big block, but that is what it came with). Anyways, the car is in pieces and pieces are missing, some are hacked, etc. I will need help with a few things (mostly sourcing the right parts to use). Pictures eventually.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It's a low deck BB. Very popular to stroke a 400 BB low deck too They make a 512ci kits at 440 Source. Use your 383 then someday you might come across a cheap 400 to play with .Can't wait to see some pics. Good Luck !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Here it is. As you can see, it needs a lot, none of which is beyond my means. Since I have been "out of touch" with owning older Mopars, I do have some questions (and will have more). There is quite a sag or lean in the right rear, as if it has broken springs. I checked them - there are no cracks or sign of broken springs; but the right rear looks "de-arched." There has been an extended shackle kit installed in the rear, which are notorious for causing issues. Anyways, I want to replace the rear springs, and I want the back end raised enough to get bigger tires under it. Currently, there are 245/60R14's installed. This will be primarily a street car, and may never see a track. What suggestions do you have for springs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts