Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the second owner of a 1971 Dart swinger. I am shopping for American racing rims and the worst mistake was to shop at CarID. They are asking for a bunch info and even went on to say that my ViN is incomplete. They said that the pictures are not clear and I must find a shop that will give me the correct fit to the rim so i can forwarded to them.

·
Super Moderator
1,424 Posts
my understanding is that by '71 the bolt pattern had been standardized as 5x4.5

most standard rim sizes offered from the factory I believe were 15x8.

take a look at the tech pages (look for the tab at the top, next to the FORUM button).
there's quite a bit of information there on most commonly asked questions...as well as a whole lot more.

you can also use the search feature to see what people have been able to use under their specific year and model as well as the mods required to do so.

I was able to get 275 60R 15s under the back of my Duster, but since the rear tubs are different between Dusters and Darts, I believe the Darts required a slightly narrower max width without doing either mini-tubs or other accommodations.

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
Bolt pattern from the factory for ALL A-bodies THROUGH the 1972 model year is 5 x 4". Doesn't matter what brakes the car had or what other options.

Starting in 1973, EVERY disc brake A-body had 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern. Some slant six cars still had drum brakes and still had the 5 x 4" pattern. There is much debate as to when drum brakes were no longer used. Every V8 A-body starting in 1973 was SUPPOSED to have disc brakes. Whether that actually happened or not is unknown nto me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts