Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its my first project so be nice
1. What are those rubber bands that came with the calipers and pads for?
2. Do i need to use the shims that came with the brake pads?
3. How should the cams for the upper control arms face?
4. Is it ok to put the calipers in the back because they wont fit in the front because of a sway bar?
5. Will the old metal brake lines from the master cylinder work or do new ones have to be bent?

this is from a '69 dodge dart custom with 10" brakes converted to a 74 darts disk brakes?
thanks this will help alot, i dont want to mess up the brakes!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Go to the tech section and click on the disc brake conversion, you will learn alot from it and it will probably answer your questions.

gt

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
1. What are those rubber bands that came with the calipers and pads for?
I'm not sure what bands you are talking about.

2. Do i need to use the shims that came with the brake pads?
No.

3. How should the cams for the upper control arms face?
I always install them from the middle as that's the way I always seem to find them.

4. Is it ok to put the calipers in the back because they wont fit in the front because of a sway bar?
Yes, BUT you can also shorten the end links. In any case you will need to make clearance on the tab for the front lower ball joint bolt.

5. Will the old metal brake lines from the master cylinder work or do new ones have to be bent?
The old one will work.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the rubber bands that im talking about came with a brake hardware kit with brackets to mount the pads to the caliper. They dont seem very strong or important so i guess ill leave them out. I think they might be there to aid in putting the pads on with the caliper ???
thanks again now i can go back to work o----o<>

·
Registered
17 Posts
I asked the wagner brake rep about this he said they were to used for an isolator to keep pad noise down they fit around the top of the caliper mount brkt and the pad ears sit on them [personally I think if you use a good anti squeak pad goo on the back of the pads and a light coat of grease on the slide areas you won't have any squeks either. Z

1 - 6 of 6 Posts