Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS, IM NEW TO THE A BODIES.I PICKED UP A RUST FREE 66 FROM TUCSON AZ ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO.IVE BEEN KICKING AROUND YOUR SITE FOR A WHILE GATHERING INFO.MY QUESTION IS THIS,I WANT TO PUT MY 505 OUT OF MY OLD ROADRUNNER IN THIS THING.WHEN YOU USE THE ALTERKATION KIT,DOES THIS SOLVE THE EXHAUST ISSUES???I KNOW THESE BIGBLOCK QUESTIONS GET OLD,BUT I REALLY WANT TO GO WITH THE 505.WITH THE SALE OF THE ROADRUNNER,THE TIL IS FULL & I WANT TO DO THIS RIGHT.ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!THANKS

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi and welcome..I'm doing a 65 barracuda with a small block and headers are still a problem, I'm sure a big block would be too..the alterkation kit (nice!!) would take care of the torsion bars...this should make more room to get headers in.?.? Good luck with your car. -o -o

·
Registered
20 Posts
if you arent opposed to fenderwell headers, they might be the easiest choice. or, fab up a set of your ownunderchassis. the alterkation will get rid of the t-bars, so there will be more room under there, but i think with the early A's, the engine compartment is narrower, so massaging the inner fenderwells will probably happen no matter which way you go. get out the plasma cutter and make it happen!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS FOR THE REPLIES GUYS...I CANT DO FENDER WELLS WITH THE RIDE HEIGHT I WANT.I HAD THE MOCK-UP BLOCK IN THIS WEEKEND.(AWFUL TIGHT)BUT I THINK WE CAN MAKE IT WORK.GONNA FINISH UP THE MINI TUBS & REAR SUSPENSION & GET THE NEW FRONT SUSPENSION ORDERED.I'LL TRY TO GET SOME PHOTOS AS WE PROGRESS.THANKS AGAIN!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi take a look at the top of this page (RMS Chassis Components) good info and pics...I'm now thinking of doing the alterkation kit so I could put a 440ci in my 65 barracuda.Take a look at the pics... 0/ :) ;) ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.