Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a link to this online somewhere? I dug around NHRA.com but did not find anything. I am looking for info on cage installation requirements.

Thanks.

G

·
I go to   nhra rules on roll bars     than all the rules are there  rollbar  than rollcages    than go down and read it    it has all the fitting to the driver rules at the bottom.   It has all the cars rules    not just bars.      bent43

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sorry, Crazy.....I think you have to be a paid memeber, and enter your membership number to gain access. I've looked on there, as well as doing a "Google" search, for similar info, and came up empty. With a paid membership, you get a printed rules book, and that's one of the perks of membership. If they gave public access to the same info, no one would have to join.

Looks like you're going to have to join, or buy a copy at your local NHRA strip.

Roger

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GTS225 said:
Sorry, Crazy.....I think you have to be a paid memeber, and enter your membership number to gain access.  I've looked on there, as well as doing a "Google" search, for similar info, and came up empty.  With a paid membership, you get a printed rules book, and that's one of the perks of membership.  If they gave public access to the same info, no one would have to join.

Looks like you're going to have to join, or buy a copy at your local NHRA strip.

Roger
How did I know... o[

Thanks Roger, I was not finding anything either.

G

·
Crazy68Dart said:
GTS225 said:
Sorry, Crazy.....I think you have to be a paid memeber, and enter your membership number to gain access.  I've looked on there, as well as doing a "Google" search, for similar info, and came up empty.  With a paid membership, you get a printed rules book, and that's one of the perks of membership.  If they gave public access to the same info, no one would have to join.

Roger
How did I know...    o[

Thanks Roger, I was not finding anything either.
did you find it ?

G

·
no you don't, go to    nhra rules on roll bar   it will ask you on MSN web,    my web search:   Did you mean:  (  nhra rules on roll bars?) press it   I do it all the time. I just did it again to make sure.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, few Qs... Considering the image below, I have questions on the height of the location with the arrows.

- What is the minimum height for the cross bar in the main hoop?
- What is the minimum height for the top point of the door bar on the main hoop?
- Do the top point of the door bar, and main hoop cross bar need to be at the same location?
- In the driver's side view, at the bottom where I have the two arrows, is that a rocker bar? Or is a rocker bar necessary?

Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
- What is the minimum height for the cross bar in the main hoop?

depends on were your shoulder harness and and seat attachment point is.

- What is the minimum height for the top point of the door bar(side bar) on the main hoop?
- Do the top point of the door bar, and main hoop cross bar need to be at the same location?

no more than 4 inches above and not below drivers shoulder or to side bar.
side bar must pass between drivers shoulder and elbow.

- In the driver's side view, at the bottom where I have the two arrows, is that a rocker bar? Or is a rocker bar necessary?

that is a rocker bar.

it is necessary if you mess around with the floor pan too much,you are alowed 6 square feet of tranny access,then you must use one.
if the OEM frame rails are located below and outside of the drivers legs you can bypass this,
most Chrysler products do not have frame rails so if you modify the floor too much you need one for sure.
it is a good idea in case something whacks the side of the lower door area though,might save your leg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts