Big Block Dart Forums banner

NOW - Self Tuning added to the FAST XFI system

18K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  FAST Man EFI 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, on the day before Thanksgiving and I received a Thanksgiving gift!
The new XFI version 2.0 will be released in January.
So you may say, "So what".
The EZ-EFI system have been selling very well because they are self tuning and they really work.
But some users, especially racers, needed the power, and fuel flexibility of the full XFI system.
But the XFI required lap top tuning, and not everybody was comfortable with that.
Well - XFI version 2.0 adds the self tuning algorithms of the EZ systems to the XFI.
What this means is that you get all the benefits and flexibility of the XFI system yet
IT SELF TUNES ITSELF. What more could you ask for?
There are a few things that racers have been asking for so FAST has added those too:
* Multiple rev limiters
* Progressive boost control
* New power added algorithms
* Improvements to the traction control algorithms
* Special "test" mode to make timing setup easy
* More accurate warm-up tables
* Automatic TPS calibration
* Improved on-board diagnostics
* User control of low battery injector compensation
ETC - ETC - ETC ...

FAST XFI-2.0 Part Numbers, Pricing, and Upgrades
Newly purchased XFI products and part numbers stay the same with NO PRICE INCREASE.
If you already own a FAST XFI system, and want to upgrade to version 2.0, there's no need to remove your box or ship it anywhere - unless you want a new case.

The 2.0 upgrade is a firm-ware and software change only.
If you want to use a new feature, that requires a new wire in the harness, I will provide extra pins that can be added to the existing connectors.

See my web site www.fastmanefi.com for more information.

See less See more
#2 ·
F.A.S.T. is doing some truely amazing things with their fuel injection. I do not know why someone would use any other company, or look for anyone other than you to purchase their injection needs from...

-Michael

#3 ·
Sounds good Rich,

Hey I still need to get a tune from you for the XFI I got for the 6.1 Hemi in my buddies Power wagon.

Still waiting on the body and wiring it up right now.

Maybe early next year.

Rick in Ks.

#5 ·
Rich,

You mean my tuning woes may finally be over.

I will be able to update the system that I bought from you back in 2007.

What do I need to do to update my ECU?

Are there an hardware or wiring changes that need to be done?
Please let me know.

As you know, my project has been pretty much on hold since our move from Illinois to Arkansas.
Things are finally getting to where I can start working and playing with my cars again.
This could not have came at a better time for me.

Herb

#7 ·
Rich, I will be able to update the system that I bought from you back in 2007?
What do I need to do to update my ECU?
Email me your ECU serial number (found under View/System Configuration), along with $70.
I will send to you a new version of the C-Com software for your laptop, and a firm-ware upgrade that you flash into your ECU. You better read up on how to do the flash - it's section 26.0 in the help section on your C-Com software.

Are there an hardware or wiring changes that need to be done?
No hardware changes. The main harness has a few more inputs and outputs, but those are only for racers that need the extra rev limiters and turbo control. No hardware changes for you.

#8 ·
Rich,

By the way, I saw you on an old Rides episode on TV today. The one with the "Xtreme Lee"

I will get the ECU info for you.

Thanks,

Herb

#14 ·
There ya go ,Herb !

I saw Fast Man's "ad" and I immediately thought of you . I was gonna PM you but I see you were sleuthing around too and you are all over it !! Hope it will help you with the Dart being the wrong kind of " HOT" !
Speaking of hot weren't we just sweating at Falbe's the other day ?----------Brrr!!!
Good luck ---will look for YOU on " Old Guy Rides" -- Mopar Tom
p.s. -ever hear from Jay ?

#18 ·
BOO !

It depends on your intake of choice (choose one already set up for EFI port injection), sequential vs bank-to-bank injection, HP level (determines injector size), etc...

But a typical full-bore system uses a 4 barrel manifold for a 4150 style carb, and a FAST dual-sync distributor.
ECU $1600
Main harness $350
Injector harness $125
4150 style 1250 CFM throttle body with TPS and IAC $540
Dual-sync distributor $399
Injectors (depends on flow level required for HP) ~~ $400
~~ about $3400 total.

You can remove $400 if you use a modified MSD distributor and run bank-to-bank.
Or if you use a crank trigger you can use an MSD to go full sequential.

Or you can go with the EZ system for about $1750 and just bolt it on.

#21 ·
Thank you fast Man
one last question (maybe LOL) that system is the new XFI self tuning version 2 right?

Would it be possible to email me the wiring instructions just to give me an idea on what all I would need to change.
Like does the harness come with a fuel pump and fan relays or would I need to add them?
thanks
thedodgeboys @ yahoo .com

#23 ·
FAST Instructions

* Go to http://www.fuelairspark.com/Pages/296/Software.aspx
* Download the C-Com 1.340 software.
* Install it on your computer.
* Start it up and go to HELP/INDEX
All the installation setups, and instructions, and schematics are on that page.
At the bottom of the list is Schematics and one of them is the complete 6.1 HEMI Harness
file:///C:/CComWP%20XFI/HELP/Schematics/301314_SCHEMATIC-IGN_HEMI_6.1_XIM.pdf

I'm selling version 1 right now, but the 2.0 flash update is free when it's available next month for anybody that buys now.

The XFI system controls fan and fuel pump relays (and others too) but the relays are not provided. The HELP/INDEX page shows you how to wire them.

#22 ·
I heard that horsepower tv fired up a 5.7 hemi on the fast EZ. I couldnt find anything on it. I assume they use the fast ignition box similiar to the msd stand alone ignition and batch fired the stock injectors? Just curious how that would work , thanks

#28 ·
The Fast system goes to a cable TB.
I have one from Rich going on a 6.1 in a 77 warlock restomod.
We will be upgrading the firmware to self tuning as soon as we get wired.

Rick

#29 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.