Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a couple days off from work, and I want to repaint my engine bay on my 70 Dart. Here is what I bought:

Primer:
2K Epoxy primer/sealer Activator
2K Epoxy primer/sealer GRAY
422-23 Gray Sealer

Paint:
Medium Reducer
Nason Ful-cryl II Acrylic Enamel
Ful-cryl Car II catalyst

I know the activator and the primer are mixed at a 1:1 ratio, I don't know how to mix the 422 sealer and the Epoxy primer. Anybody know?

Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
The best thing to do is ask the paint company because different companys mix differantly. Most of the time primer is mixed 3:1 or 4:1.

·
Registered
617 Posts
[]{} ask the paint rep for the ratio...usually diff brands have slightly diff ratios

G

·
MSDS wont give you a ratio just the chemical make up and what to do if your kids drink the paint. PPG calls them p sheets. They will give you all needed info for your products.

·
Registered
450 Posts
This is dupont? Try 4:2:1.
Nason will spray sorta like centari. I use about 50psi w/ a siphon gun. 3 coats gives enough cover for what I work on.
I do the first coat light, but heavier on the edges and seams. Second coat is cover, third is gloss.
I wait about 10 minutes before pulling the paper, then I push it out in the sun.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, it's Dupont, I found all the instructions on the cans for everything except how to mix the sealer into the primer. The activator and the primer are 1:1. I'm using a HVLP gun also.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You need the product data sheet. Your paint guy should have given you one for the paint and the primer. They might also be available on-line from Dupont's website. I know Sherwin Williams' are. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts