Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a year but I like the 67, 68, 69 dart grills lines, rear tail sections, etc....more than the later 70's cars.  Can front clips, fenders hoods, grills, ...trucks, etc be interchanged?  Sorry if this is a common, answered many times question...I am usually focused on engine topics. by the way if anybody knows what all the do's and don't are...like no 67 grill fits any other year...please email me your brain or something.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I can put a front grill, hood, maybe fenders (needed?) from a 68 onto a 74 dart? Does it look funny or ok?

·
Registered
7 Posts
FENDERS FROM 67-69 DARTS HAVE THE SAME BODY LINES & SHAPE AS THE 73-76 DART FENDERS. THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE IS THE SIDE MARKER LITE,& THE HEADLITE MOUNTS. THIS CAN BE CHANGED TO FIT YOUR NEEDS.YOU MIGHT HAVE TO DRILL SOME HOLES OR CHANGE AT BRACKET,BUT THE BASIC DESIGN IS THE SAME.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I honestly think it looks stupid. Just find a 68 but to each his own I bought a 68 because I love the 68 so do what you want. but I'd try to find a 68 or at least a rusted out 68 with good rear clip and front clip. Because anyone who has half a brain with our cars is gonna notice you went with the 68 front clip instad of buying a 68.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, if I thought it looked ok and had all the parts then I would do it. If somebody didn't like it I wouldn't care in the least. I like the 67 to 69 cars the best, mostly for the front clip. If I ran accross a 74 with a great interior, floors and quarters that needed a front clip then I would go that way. Keeping my options open. I did see online where somebody put all late sheetmetal (75?) on a 68 ragtop, giving it a "one only" sort of look. I didn't care for it considering how much work it must have been, but it was ok.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm just voicing my opinion that to make it look correct you'd have to change the interior,dash, etc. to make it look ok. Besides if your gonna go to the trouble of transplanting a rear section you might as well just do quarterpanel repair.

·
Registered
404 Posts
there is a guy around here who has a barracuda with 70-74 parts on it, and as you said already to each is own.

i saw a 71 Demon made intoa truck looked like the stupidest thing ever! but i can appreciate the work that went into it but stupid none the less

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't think it would look stupid, but as far as the rear section goes, I would agree that finding a 68 would be easier than trying to graft the whole back of one to a later model. I have seen plenty of 70's Darts with just the earlier front clips, and they looked pretty good; no way you can tell by looking at the car from a front angle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
theyre was a 68 dart on e bag a while ago... truck...one of the coolest things ive ever seen....now a 68 dart two door station wagon? that would be cool...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts