Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys,  im almost done wiring my 70 dart. Im using the factory wires/harness under the hood.  My question is the starter relay. Can you guys list what you have on your car? as far as : how many total wires to the relay,  what color,  how many wires at each/which terminal ..etc..

i have one wire that is about 10 inches back from the large red wire and small yellow wire. It appears to be black . Not sure where this one goes... to the relay ?

o----o<>

·
Registered
311 Posts
4 wires go to the relay, the heavy red is obviously power in, small yellow is for ignition, wire with the funny tip on it is for the starter its usually brown in color. last wire will be either black or brown and goes to the nuetral safety switch on the trans. some of you electrical professionals please correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmm......nobody on here has an A body  ?    ???

oops---sorry -i posted too soon !

G

·
GON_RACIN said:
4 wires go to the relay, the heavy red is obviously power in,  small yellow is for ignition,  wire with the funny tip on it is for the starter its usually brown in color.  last wire will be either black or brown and goes to the nuetral safety switch on the trans. some of you electrical professionals please correct me if i'm wrong
sounds right to me

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok--i think im all good except for that one wire. On the harness if you look at where the big red and the yellow wires come out--to the relay, go back from there about 8 inches. Thats where i have a single black wire coming out of the harness. its not the ns switch wire.

G

·
not sure what you're looking at,checked my car and wiring diagram.could it be the wire for the windshield fluid res. motor?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats possible--where does the washer tank mount on a 70 dart ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts