Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have a problem the bushings on my car are falling apart.To get the warrnty on my stuff i have to take the pecies off and send them back so the rubbers can be tested. Which they said could take a week for testing and then they will let me no if the pecies were faulty. Wouldnt you no it i get the guy with a stick up his butt and he wouldnt even here me out (The car is my daily driver), and when i said i had headers on it he said it was my fault and he wouldnt cover me and then hung up. Even though these were the strut rod bushings that are falling apart. This all happend within 20 seconds

I just though i would let you all no before u get this treatment from P-S-T when you go to purchase your super kit like i did.
Just so all of you know i am a young gun and i am currently in the Cowtown Mopar Club of Fort Worth TX

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, thanx for the heads up, NOW leads to a question, where do we go for suspension parts/ bushings?? I was going to order the PST kit....

·
Registered
283 Posts
i think it's the bushing design. if it's the two-piece type there too much play. use the mopar one- piece type.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh they were the rubber ones and they had maby 1500 miles on them until they began to fall apart and melt

67devildart I dont no where you live but here in Texas are autozone and orielys sell the Mod (i think thats how you spell it) kits which i have now heard are alot better kits/rubbers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sry to keep posting but i thought it would be smart to let you no that we had a certified master mechanic rebuild the frontand he took the whole front suspension out to do it to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seen a few of them bust from the beveled washer being put on wrong. The one piece bushing goes on with the curvered part of the washer going toward the bushing. But the 2 piece bushings call for the back side of the washer to be toward the bushing. I know the stock type bushings you buy now dont last near as long and the originals did.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i got a call from P-S-T yesterday and he informed me that due to the numerous complants about there rubbers falling apart they have decided to send me the new ones at no cost to me. I want to thank anyone who may have called them on my behalf i appreciate it and would like to say that P-S-T has set things right and i will purchase from them agian.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Once you get the new bushings from P-S-T could you take a picture
of it and post it. I ordered there super kit for my 70 Dart and received
it but have not installed anything yet. I would like to compare what
you get to what they sent me.

Thanks,
Ken

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will do my best but it might take awhile to do i have to figuer out how to use my digital camera ???

·
Registered
404 Posts
@ first i thought you were talking about the poly one's i was about to say, but if it was teh rubber i understand teh rubber won't hold up that long like the pol's do.

I still plan on getting my super front end kti from them in poly version

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well my dad ordered a set of poly ones for my sisters 72 chevy pickup and they started to bust when it got cold and there is still no excuse for the rubber ones to bust after only 1500 miles as far as i am concerned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts