Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided since my car hasnt had a heater/blower motor in it for years I would patch the holes in the fire wall up. I did this by welding the patch behind the firewall (interior side) Then welding the hole to the patch. To fil t I used a layer of fiberglass reinforced filler, sanded that down even with the firewall, then a coat of light weight evercoat and smoothed it out.

Im worried about twisting and cracking the filler when I luanch the car. Was this an OK way to do it ?

G

·
you should be fine with the way you do it .i did alot of that with my car and ive been racing it and have had no problems.. _-_-_

·
Registered
152 Posts
That looks just like the firewall I did in my Dart. I filled in everything that I could but I haven't been able to test it out yet. Sure looks good with paint on it though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Adamr, been there done that , it is a lot of work but worth it in the end. Gives them a cleaner look.Did the same on my duster including the bulkhead and run a painless harness down low out of sight

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks great, did the same with mine and haven't had any problems yet

·
Registered
847 Posts
those look great........nice work fellas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.