Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bled my new disc brake system on the 69 GTS and don't have any real pedal pressure.
I don't think there's still air in the line but will bleed it again.

Question, I swapped over to the 73-76 BB Disc w/ BB 10" druims in the rear and used the brass 73-76 BB Disc prop valve.  I changed over to the 2 bolt aluminum master cylinder using an AR Engineering adapter.  Picked up a master cylinder at One Stop for an RWD 85 New Yorker . . .  I realized I probably should have called out a Diplomat.

Anyway, cars on jackstands and the disc and drums are working but the pedal is going way down and the pressure is way less than the conventional system w/ the 4 hole master.  I pump up the pedal about 10 times and I'm still not getting any resistance.

Any chance I could have gotten a FWD master by mistake?

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Did you bench bleed the master? If you cap off the outlets on the master, there should be about 1/8" of movement while pushing in the cylinder. So that's were I'd start.

·
Registered
267 Posts
[]{} make sure you bench bleed. Also, this might be a dumb question, but do you have the drums on the back? When I was younger, I forgot to put the drums on, so there was nothing for the pads to push against.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts