Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am close to welding the spring perches on the axle tubes. I did a search to find the pinion agle, I did not see a hard and fast #.  If i measure the pinion angle on my old rear end, is that a safe bet? It might sound like a silly question, but I only want to do this once. I am planning on using an angle gauge on the spring perches in conjunction with a level on the open face of the differential, then transfer those measurements to the new rear end. I am also planning on using  the superstock springs with the new axle, will that make any difference? Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Re: pinion agle

I was lazy. I just used the factory angle. I lined'em up and tacked the new ones on then cut the old ones off.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: pinion agle

Even if you're off a degree or two you can always put shims in on the perches to correct the angle.
Daryl

·
Registered
464 Posts
yes the super stocks might make a difference. If you're doing it, do it right. Put it together unwelded and check the angle. Adjust it up or down as needed, THEN do some welding. You can buy an inexpensive angle measurer at Harbor Freight. It explains the whold measuring process and recommended angle in the Mopar Performance Chassis books.

don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.