Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas what to use on plastic lenses ie: Tail light, turn signal etc. to restore them? Mine are kind of hazy and grubby looking, I've heard of using metal polish? AutoSol etc....Any thoughts?

Ryan

·
Registered
73 Posts
Darren said:
Spray them with a good clear coat and they will look like new. Darren
Yepp that will work, but i always use a tranparent plastic primer first.
You can also mix some color in the clear,ex black, red, orange.
Be carefull with the color not more than 1% to max 3%, i use as litte color as possible then 3-5 coats

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
260 Posts
We sell the plastic refinishing kits for headlights at work (the ones that take the haze out of the lenses on Fords, Dodge Neons, etc.). It worked great on my co-worker's Mustang; made the headlights look brand-new. I want to try it on my tail lights, but I'm going to find a back-up set first (just in case).

·
Registered
792 Posts
I used Meguir's plastic polish to clean up my rallye dash lenses. They were so cloudy I could barely see the intsruments. Lots of elbow grease and polish later, they look darn near new. Should work on colored lenses, too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i use meguirs palstic polish with a polishing wheel

i wet sand the lens with 1500 or 2000 grit first

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I'll post results when I do them...

Ryan

G

·
Duster Five-O said:
We use this on lightbars. http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/plexus.html The Meguires plastic polish works pretty good to.

Turtle Wax polishing compound works good to.If it's really bad you can wet sand w/ some 2000 grit then use the polish.
the plexus is GREAT stuff. i have a jeep with the vinyl windows. they get scratched alot. clean the with the plexus and most of the scratches are gone. got the stuff at carquest for about $ 9

·
Registered
404 Posts
i picked up some of that mcguirs stuff, going to try it out this weekend

1 - 10 of 10 Posts