Big Block Dart Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wow, that one looks like a challenge! What went in where the open space is?

You could convert all the switches to toggles in a fabbed switch panel on the upper right, tach in the middle and small speedo +3 gauges down where the small holes are, maybe?

Another thought would be putting a late-model dash in it, but that'd be a real big job....

Or actually..the more I look at it...if you had a parts dash you could cut another 5 inch piece out and mold it in to the right side of the column, nice and symmetrical, then you'd have room for some gauges in the open upper areas on each side. I don't know what the measurements are, but if two 2-1/8 would fit side by side in the area in the top left of what you've got, you'd have room for big tach, big speedo, and smaller fuel, oil, water, and volt. Looks like you could do it with two dashes if they're cut up the right way...

try photoshopping it and moving some pieces around. I bet it would work!

G

·
The big rectangle area area was where 3 square gauges were; and it was "cupped" like on the left of the column. I thought maybe i'd fab a piece of sheetmetal to fill it in; and add 3 smaller gauges in that area as well as one to the left. But then again; if you've seen Evans dash (Mopowers) he flat paneled all the way across and has LOTS of room for gauges. I'm thinking plan B if I can't make the plastic trim look right.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's mine ,nothing fancy but redid the chrome around it with vinyl from a sign shop..just sand and paint the dash bezel and stick the chrome tape to it and use an exacto knife to trim the edges,it is metal tape so it wont bend with out creasing so just be patient and you can redo the chrome.....so far so good as to its durability seems to be holding nicely.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That dash looks great, WAGGIN! Great idea on the chrome!

·
Registered
177 Posts
That looks great.  I've repaired smaller plastic pieces such as windshield washer bottles and other such items, but I've never taken on something like that.  Those all turned out really nice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Looks awesome, CudaDon!

·
Registered
29 Posts
WOW!!!! Really nice work. Do you happen to have a model car hobby, great attention to detail there.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts