Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever of heard of a guy with a business (Katy, TX) called "Steering Wheels By Mike"? He restores old muscle car wheels and only does the plastic woodgrain ones.

http://www.steeringwheelsbymike.com/

I recently decided to not go with a Flaming River wheel and column and instead stick with the factory column and 3-spoke plastic woodgrain wheel currently on the Dart. The wheel has a couple of splits in the plastic that I want to get fixed. This guy fixes the splits and re-cuts the woodgrain texture that gets worn away after almost 40 years of use. I spoke to him on the phone today and he quoted me $275 to repair/restore just the woodgrain section of the wheel (no spokes, or horn button). I was quite frankly surprised. I was also surprised to hear that he gets between $700 and $1000 on eBay for my exact steering wheel restored.

Just wondering if anyone on the board's used him and if they were happy with the results. Thanks ;D

·
Registered
593 Posts
I do the same thing for about half the price...Give me a shout and I'll quote you a price...I've done several of the guys wheels on the board, I'm located in Western New York, I set up a booth at Carlisle to display my work.  I've been restoring woodgrain steering wheels for over 12 years now...Here is a picture of one of my wheels, if you want to see more just email me and ask.... My business name is Pinke's Woodgrain Steering Wheel Restorations...You can either email me a picture for a quote or I can do it over the phone, just count the cracks and splits and tell me what you want done...My new wheels have the woodgrain ground into them, this wheel was done before I started doing that.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have seen some of PinkE's work on the board, and that's why I sent my wheel to her to be done. I will be picking it up in a week and a half. I'll be able to give a first hand review then ;D

·
Registered
847 Posts
looks great pinke........ ;D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PinkE said:
I do the same thing for about half the price...Give me a shout and I'll quote you a price...I've done several of the guys wheels on the board, I'm located in Western New York, I set up a booth at Carlisle to display my work.  I've been restoring woodgrain steering wheels for over 12 years now...Here is a picture of one of my wheels, if you want to see more just email me and ask.... My business name is Pinke's Woodgrain Steering Wheel Restorations...You can either email me a picture for a quote or I can do it over the phone, just count the cracks and splits and tell me what you want done...My new wheels have the woodgrain ground into them, this wheel was done before I started doing that.
Thanks for the response PinkE ;D

I just sent you an email

G

·
PinkE said:
She the best in the land.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I finally took some pics of the wheel PinkE restored for me. I am very happy with the way it turned out. it is on the car now, and what a difference, it brightens up the whole interior. Thanks again Sue. tnku -0*(

·
Registered
266 Posts
PinkE did my wood grain wheel over a year ago and it is still in top shape, and I live in Phoenix were it gets HOT, and I haven't had any problems yet.

·
Registered
593 Posts
diesel2005 said:
Pinky Do you do Tuff Wheels? <:>
Sorry, I dont do Tuff Wheels, only woodgrain restorations, and Rimblow wheels...Pistol Grip Shifter handles and such...

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm glad your happy with your wheels....

Sue ;)

G

·
The SBHS Chally will be wearing a Pinke wheel!! I only hope the rest of the car will do the steering wheel justice! Its awesome!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts