Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On one of my projects, I used POR-15, and there are a couple areas where it didn't cover. it ran away. small areas, mostly fish-eye type spots, some bigger. I guess I didn't get it completely clean in some of the hard-to-reach areas. Can I just use like a pencil spot sander and some cleaner on the naked spots and be ok, or do I have to grind away a larger area around it?

·
Registered
117 Posts
That stuff is hard to get up, so I'd say just do the spots. If it's a small area, I'd be tempted to redo the whole thing. Small like under a square foot small.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's WAY under a square foot small.  there might be a square inch or two TOTAL spread out.

What it is, is on my 68 Mustang, inside the cowl where they all rusted out many years ago and leaked into the floor, the area around the "hats" is where I couldn't get to sand.  One side is just a few small dots of uncovered metal where the POR-15 fish-eyed, and the other side has a line that arcs about 3" long around part of it and about 1/16" wide.

I have replaced the rusted area with a new one and around the rings on each side is where I'm talking about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be very careful with a fish eye eliminator. It is actually a product that "over" contaminates an area with fisheyes. It makes the entire panel one giant fish eye so in the end its not a bunch of small fish eyes. If you are spraying a product with fish eye eliminator in it your gun will be contaminated and your thinner and so on and so on. You will then need to use it anytime you spray anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up using a small piece of sandpaper wrapped around my fingertip and then went back around the still-glossy ring at the metal overlap with one of those pencil-type spot sanders. cleaned with some cleaner and repainted. no more naked spots.

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.