Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking for some input on how i should go about powder coating my front susp. pieces.my question is what order would you do it in? i was going to blast it ,then remove the bushings.now, do i powder coat it then scrape off the extra paint to install the bushings or should i powdercoat it then remove the old bushings so there is no junk in my holes?this applys to my ball joints too....so,do i leave it together or pull it apart to powder coat? thanks

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I think I'd strip them bare before I'd coat them. I think the heat from the oven would melt the bushings and make a mess wouldn't it? I don't know because I've never done it before. Plus it shouldn't take too long to clean up with a die grinder or some sanding rolls when its out of the oven.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I had some stuff done and the guys used a heat resistant tape to carefully tape off all the areas that needed to be bare before they sprayed.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The other thing that I believe they use is a heat resistant type of silcone then pick it off after.The stuff is really hard so the less you have to scrape off the better I would do a search to find out for sure .Iknow I have read on this but can't remember where.

·
Registered
255 Posts
you can till the holes with alumuin foil they also sell plugs that you can reuse to block holes, check out columbia coatings for some powder coat info. I do my own powdwer coating at home with a gun from sears. It simple to do and cheap. You could probably even recoup what little money you have in it by doing a few parts for friends and give them a good deal, then your's is free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts