Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone would be able to help me out?

Looks like I may be one of the very few that is doing a Manual to Power Steering conversion on my Duster.

I have everything in place and so far so good, however, I decided to go with the Federal PS pump. I have the pump and from what I have been told the correct small block pump brackets (for the Federal Pump) However I cannot seem to figure how the rear bracket attaches to the block (318).

Anyone out there have any photos of how the federal p/s pump attaches to a small block ??? even pictures of what the correct brackets look like ??? I know the one bracket that I have is correct, however the one from the block to the main brackets pivot piont doesn't look like it will work.

Any thought or Pictures would be appriciated !!!!

Terry

o----o<>

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't know if you can see this, hard to take a pic not enuff light back there.

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks that does help ! I appreciate that !!
It looks like my second bracket is the same as the one you have shown.
Any chance of a picture from the front of the engine to see how that bracket attaches to the block / Timing cover ?

Sounds like a dumb request .... but the two bolt holes on the second bracket don't seem to match up with anything on the front of the engine ?

Terry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The two lowest bolt holes on the drivers side of the block are used to mount the triangular shaped piece of metal. That piece is also bent so as to move the pump mounting piece back. That piece also has a welded on fastener so the bolt does not need a separate nut to tighten it down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent !!!, Thanks !!!
Now I know why I couldn't get it to line up.
The triangular bracket that I have looks a bit different then the one you have shown.
Looks like I should easily be able to modify the one I have.

Now, I just have to find a Federal pulley.
Anyone know of a good after market source ???

I always check good ole e-Bay but never seem to find one available ?
(putting a Saginaw pump in would have been too easy !)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts