Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife would like power windows installed in her Pink 1970 Swinger - problem is that the paddock is the only place I can find anything about power window conversions - and then the issue is that it only shows 71 and up - any help?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here's the issue, electriclife and most of the kits are for 1971 up - I know of no differences between the 70 and 71 that should matter, but I've never put in power windows. It's my wife's car so it needs to be pretty much a drop in and go...

anyone ever actually USED one of these kits?

I can find places that sell, but no reviews and no first hand experiences...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've installed Electric life power window regulators and they work well...their on my current dart project. They sent me regulators that looked like this:

I had to modify them to not have all that stuff on the end (scissor contraption) and had to shorten the lift arms. Other than that they work fine. Oh, the mounting holes didn't line up either....

so it wasn't a plug and play deal in my case but they work fine now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MikeR said:
I had to modify them to not have all that stuff on the end (scissor contraption) and had to shorten the lift arms.  Other than that they work fine.  Oh, the mounting holes didn't line up either....

so it wasn't a plug and play deal in my case but they work fine now.
Care to help a guy out with "current" pics if I get stuck?

Wiring was easy enough?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hard to take pictures up inside the door...mine are 73+ doors and are a little different.

The regulator not hard to pull out, when you get the power versions just make sure they match the arm length of your originals, Hopefully they'll mount correctly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sycboi said:
Thanks, but am I the only one seeing 1970 Dodge Dart? The kits they offer are 63-66 and 73-76 - hence the reason I said that in the begining... I've done enough, long enough to know that YES, it's ALWAYS possible... but I was sorta wondering if anyone had already put power windows in a 70 Dart, or if there was anything that wouldn't be totally custom.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Get in touch with Lobukdstr(Greg), made his own for his duster.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Shadowfax said:
sycboi said:
Thanks, but am I the only one seeing 1970 Dodge Dart?  The kits they offer are 63-66 and 73-76 - hence the reason I said that in the begining... I've done enough, long enough to know that YES, it's ALWAYS possible... but I was sorta wondering if anyone had already put power windows in a 70 Dart, or if there was anything that wouldn't be totally custom.
I contacted them about my 67 and they said they had a kit that would work...............WORK/FIT...........might have had to modify. The kit is for the front windows only. The rear would have to be a universal kit.

After looking at the door jamb and how I could run the wiring I choose to keep the manual windows. I wanted a CLEAN look and didn't see a good place to install the contact switches

·
Registered
828 Posts
I would bet you a dollar that modifications will be required. If it is drop in all the better, but I highly doubt it. :-\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts