Big Block Dart Forums banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
if you put in the jeep one, plus an adjustable one, thats a double prop valve, just put a t on the front lines and an adjustable valve on the rears, no combo valve

·
Registered
617 Posts
I left the drum brake valve in (used only as a T for the front and pressure warning light for the dash that way).

Here is a picture of the Wilwood unit i mounted to the sub frame connector under the drivers door.

·
Registered
266 Posts
75Dart440 said:
I left the drum brake valve in (used only as a T for the front and pressure warning light for the dash that way).

Here is a picture of the Wilwood unit i mounted to the sub frame connector under the drivers door.
Thats almost how I mounted mine, and the same goes for the stock distribution block I left it in.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think it works well in that location. nanr I can lean out and reach it without leaving the seat. Car stops good so far and I haven't yet made any adjustments to it!! Took the car out on Sunday for a few street striping sessions though!! javascript:void(0);
4 speed

·
Registered
152 Posts
I now use the normal wheel cyl.15/16",with expander cups. 

Make sure you inspect the inside of the cylinders, the chain store's (Econo, and TruTorque)  brands are switching the no cup expander type 7/8" ,for the 15/16" wheel cylinder in the 10x2.5" drum type rears.

·
Registered
41 Posts
DartKnight said:
SIKPUP said:
1DART440 said:
That new block is nice!
I just put a tee on the fronts, bought a $39.00 adjustable valve for the back and tossed the old stock block. Seems to work just fine. Just lacking the brake warning switch.
After checking how the stock one worked, it got tossed ! []{}  That's how mines done.

SIKPUP ;D
I'm liking this idea more and more; the warning light is almost useless, anyway. If you wanted to get picky, I guess you can always add a gauge. I'm assuming that this setup works fine using stock size wheel cylinders out back?
[]{} I did this and used a line lock then I wired the warning light to activate with the line lock, I did this cause I have a on/off toggle for the line lock under the dash and I couldnt remember wich way was on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
whats up guys, just opened up my account so im  new to this  site! well id better get to the question!!! i put 70's abody disc up front on my 69' dart and 96' jeep gc rear disc out back, when i pump the brake pedal the fluid sprays out the front brake resevoir on the master cylinder. i didnt change the prop valve or residual valve, so im thinking the residual valve may have went bad. any input would be awesome cuz im kinda stumped  doh

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't think that the prop (or combination) valve would cause that. Sounds like a problem at the master cylinder itself.

G

·
ski said:
Sorry,

A= master cylinder marked F for front, be careful it's actually the rear reservoir. 
B= right front brake
C= left front brake
D= rear brakes.  They'll split downstream
E= Master cylinder marked R, again be careful this is the front or usually smaller reservoir.

B & C probably can be either way but A & E have to be correct.  You want the larger reservoir to apply the front brakes.

Thanks to Ryan from N.H. for applying the letters to the picture. 

Hey, by chance do you still have the picture of the prop valve, that applies the letters to the picture. Thanks it will help out alot
BBD

·
Registered
447 Posts
Need proportion valve help.

This is handy information.
Is it possible to put this thread (of the picture and the description) up into the tech pages?
I'm ready to do my brakeline installation in my 68 Dart with Wildwood discs up front and I have 3 proportioning valves all from a bodies. All with different #s. Does anyone have info on how to identify these?. I'd hate to use the wrong one.I notice info has been deleted from this thread.

Thanks in Advance!

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.