Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me which port is which on the proportioning valve? (73 Disc/Drum valve)  Like which goes to the rear, which to the front, which from the master etc....Pics would be even better!

Ryan

·
Registered
724 Posts
Re: Proportioning Valve HELP!

Okay I don't have a pic but I'll try to describe it.  If you look at the valve from the front (in other words as if you had your head down there where it was mounted and facing it)  You'll have a hole for a fitting on the top (A), then down the side of the valve you'll have a fitting hole both left (B) and right (C), then down a little lower you'll have the hole for the switch on the right, then down at the bottom you'll have two more holes left (D) & right (E) with the left one a bit higher than the right.

A= master cylinder marked F for front, be careful it's actually the rear reservoir. 
B= right front brake
C= left front brake
D= rear brakes.  They'll split downstream
E= Master cylinder marked R, again be careful this is the front or usually smaller reservoir.

If you can post a pic of your valve with the ports labled that would be good. Either that or when one of my kids get's home maybe they'll scan a pic for me.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Proportioning Valve HELP!

Thanks Ski, here's a pic....

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
724 Posts
Can someone label the connections on this pic. I tried to do it using microsoft paint and can't figure it out.

G

·
Correct me if im wrong... A. Goes to the rear line on master cylinder. B. Goes to Passenger side front brake. C. Goes to driver side front brake. D. Goes to rear brakes. E. Goes to the front line form the master cylinder.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Mel, Yes "A" is for the front brakes which is the rear reservoir and "E" is for the rear brakes which is the front reservoir.   The input "E" is proportioned down so that when it comes out at "D" it gives the rear brakes less bite than the fronts.    I gotta learn how to put the letters on a pic.

ski

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thatsawesome guys thanks!! tnku

·
Registered
326 Posts
mines hooked up different C is rear res on master (front brake out) A is pass front and B is drivers but your way makes more sense humm
mine doesn't pull or any thing??? maybe i should change my lines around

·
Registered
724 Posts
vitamindart said:
mines hooked up different C  is rear res on master (front brake out) A is pass front and B is drivers  but your way makes more sense humm
mine doesn't pull or any thing??? maybe i should change my lines around
The way you have it hooked up is kind of the same since A, B & C are basically nothing more than a "T" But A is the input before the split to right/left and should be a bigger fitting & line size I think.

·
Registered
59 Posts
just thought I'd let you know I bought a distribution block for 73 and newer cars with the proportion valve built in. I decided to go that route instead of a adding a proprtioning valve. Got it from Right Stuff Detailing for $75. Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts