Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered PST poly front end kit for a 69 Dart and let myself get talked into their front swaybar too. The Dart did not come with the stock swaybar. The brackets in the PST kit bolt in to the K member and shock bolt on the lower control arm. I had to do some grinding on the control arm bracket. But when putting the sway bar in, it seems about 2 inches too long. I mean the long bolts with bushings going from the ends of the sway bar to the control arm bracket are at a crazy angle (45 degrees measured at the bar). This can't be right. I haven't put the spindles on yet but I think they will hit the sway bar on a sharp inside turn. If I can figure this out I think I will weld in the brackets to the K member and control arms. But this length thing has me stumped. Maybe I got a B-Body sway bar? Anybody else installed a PST front swaybar?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
If it were me, I would look at the part # they sent you and call them to verify that it's the right one.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You may have the bar. Anyone know what the proper center to center should be on his car? I ordered a '69 B body for my RR and I went to put it in it was about 3" too long each side. they sent me a '70 B body.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts