Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the procedure to pull axles on a 8.25 open rear the same for a SG rear? Any precautions to take??? I need to pull the axles to clean up the backing plates.

Hey 71Demon! Were cleaning up that rear. LOL! the previous ower put the primary shoes on the wrong side of the drum!!! also, the 2 rear drums were different!!! If that had a BB infront of it...that explains some of the cut marks in the SG carrier. I'd say the rear blew out once and thats why he had the gears replaced.

Its gonna work perfect for us....thanks again!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey Mike,
What's up buddy.What did you expect from a bunch of chevy guy's.Just glad i could save the car.Just as long everything is ok.If you have any problems you know where to reach me.

carl

Yeah it had 2 BB in front of it.(chevy guys ::))

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
removed the screw....and can only manage to move the pin 1/4" in either direction.....its hitting something SOLID. Is there another lock? do the springs have to be unloaded? o[

·
Registered
444 Posts
Pull the axles out, pull the pin, push the axles in, pull the C clips and pull the axles out. If that don't work get a bigger hamer. ;D Dave Might just need a little love tap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.