Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to replace a mess load of sheet metal on my Duster, Who has the best repop panels out there? Who is cheapest? Who Over charges for shipping? Year one? Paddock? Sherman?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't know about quarters, but Auto body Speciaties was cheaper on shipping then the Paddock for my floor pan.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Kinda depends on where you live in relation to the supplier. Quarter skins are shipped by truck so you could pay $100-150 just for shipping. Although they may not have been my first choice, Layson's is a couple of hours from me so I drove over to them and picked it up. As far as who has the best stuff - most comes from the same place - Taiwan.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a good idea about picking them up brrrrrt. I will have to track down a distributor/supplier/retailer (whatever) in my area.

How come no one makes repop b-posts? to complex? Not enough demand? Don't intend for the average hobbyist to replace something like that? This has always made me wonder ???.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
613 Posts
Looks pretty rough - particularly around the striker. I ended up replacing the jamb on the passenger side (had been wrecked and repaired but didn't look right) using a donor. Had a yard cut out the jamb all the way back past the outer wheel house. The donor qtr was worthless but I but I needed other stuff from the section. Lot's of spot welds to drill out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You will find out that none of them fit too good. You just have to trim it and fit it to the car after you get your jam area fixed. -0*(

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone had a supplier/distributor bring your order to a show to meet you? Lets say that there is going to be a big drag race/ car show/ swap meet with a manufactures midway. And you knew that they (distrubtor/supplier) were going to be there so you call them up and order your parts and they take it with them to the show and you pick it up there? I had heard of this before but never had the opportunity to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts