Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to replace a mess load of sheet metal on my Duster, Who has the best repop panels out there? Who is cheapest? Who Over charges for shipping? Year one? Paddock? Sherman?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't know about quarters, but Auto body Speciaties was cheaper on shipping then the Paddock for my floor pan.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Kinda depends on where you live in relation to the supplier. Quarter skins are shipped by truck so you could pay $100-150 just for shipping. Although they may not have been my first choice, Layson's is a couple of hours from me so I drove over to them and picked it up. As far as who has the best stuff - most comes from the same place - Taiwan.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a good idea about picking them up brrrrrt. I will have to track down a distributor/supplier/retailer (whatever) in my area.

How come no one makes repop b-posts? to complex? Not enough demand? Don't intend for the average hobbyist to replace something like that? This has always made me wonder ???.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
613 Posts
Looks pretty rough - particularly around the striker. I ended up replacing the jamb on the passenger side (had been wrecked and repaired but didn't look right) using a donor. Had a yard cut out the jamb all the way back past the outer wheel house. The donor qtr was worthless but I but I needed other stuff from the section. Lot's of spot welds to drill out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone had a supplier/distributor bring your order to a show to meet you? Lets say that there is going to be a big drag race/ car show/ swap meet with a manufactures midway. And you knew that they (distrubtor/supplier) were going to be there so you call them up and order your parts and they take it with them to the show and you pick it up there? I had heard of this before but never had the opportunity to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.