Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My g/f has purchased a 1949 Chrysler Windsor. I am in search of wheel bolts, not wheel studs. They screw through the wheel into the drum. I found the driver side one at Napa, but my prob arose when I got to the passenger side and found out they are left-hand thread. Not knowing this (thinking they were rusted, stuck) I ground the heads off of them to get the wheels off. Now I have 1 car, 2 wheels and no wheel bolts to hold them together. Any ideas where I might get some.

Also the size of these bolts are 1/2-20 (fine thread) with a 3/4 inch head. Thanks for any help.

I thought I would check here since this is a Mopar site. Again, thanks for any help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
49chrysler said:
My g/f has purchased a 1949 Chrysler Windsor. I am in search of wheel bolts, not wheel studs. They screw through the wheel into the drum. I found the driver side one at Napa, but my prob arose when I got to the passenger side and found out they are left-hand thread. Not knowing this (thinking they were rusted, stuck) I ground the heads off of them to get the wheels off. Now I have 1 car, 2 wheels and no wheel bolts to hold them together. Any ideas where I might get some.

Also the size of these bolts are 1/2-20 (fine thread) with a 3/4 inch head. Thanks for any help.

I thought I would check here since this is a Mopar site.  Again, thanks for any help.
I would guess someone somewhere along the way switched the drums from the right side to the left. Left side should be left hand and right side right hand.

My 1st car was a 67 Barracuda and when I went to remove the wheels I broke 16 of the 20 wheel studs. Yes they were rusted but I broke off all the lefts before I found out they were left hand threads.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts